Speech Language Hearing Faculty for Pathology
Faculty member has the responsibility to teach undergraduate/graduate courses as per the program curriculum in their area or areas of expertise. Other duties include academic advising, committee service and curriculum development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Teaches undergraduate/graduate courses.
* Advises assigned student advisees on individual plan of study (POS) and approves registration plans. New full-time faculty members may be exempted from this duty for their first semester at the University.
* Advises assigned student advisees on academic student policies.
* Monitors academic progress of student advisees regarding passing/failing courses, dropping/adding courses, withdrawing from courses, academic probation, and referral to Academic Support Services/Counseling services.
* Participates in departmental functions, School and University committees.
* Collaborates with Department Chairperson and faculty on curriculum planning and development.
* Conducts scholarly research.
* Supervises internship students when assigned.
* Fulfills course requirements including, but not limited to issuing of course syllabus, course specifications, course files and reports.
* Mentors new faculty members.
* Fulfills PMS annual objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. PhD in SLP, ASHA-certified - Assistant, Associate and Full Professor positions
2. Master's Degree in SLP, ASHA-certified - Lecturer
3. Evidence of scholarly record and published research on relevant areas
4. Minimum of three (3) years successful teaching at the collegiate level
5. Commitment to excellence in teaching, research and professional service
6. Excellent command of English Language (spoken and written)
7. Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills